Universe Sewing, our latest offset/digital hybrid solution, has drawn the attention of Bindereport, the leading German magazine dedicated to the print finishing market.
Following the article highlights:
["Future" and "Tradition" are apparently two opposite topics. Our link to tradition is "sewing", the best of binding techniques, while our challenges for the future are:
- versatile manufacturing systems;
- full upstream and downstream integration between machineries;
- streamline labour.
With these guidelines firm in mind, Meccanotecnica now presents:
- asterTOP featuring a world record speed of 300 c/min;
- asterBIG full automatic unit for oversize books;
- Uniplex gathering and sewing at very high output (18.000 c/h), complemented by high efficiency with short runs;
- Universe Sewing offset and digital print finishing;
- Universe Inline the new solution for book finishing.
To borrow from Pericles: "It is not a matter of predicting the future, but of being prepared for it."]
Courtesy of Bindereport Magazine, Issue 2013/10, October, Germany.